Friday, April 1, 2011

April Fool...

 This is the second thing I saw this morning.....
 This was the first thing I saw this morning....Ugh, as predicted...april snow...whatever, wont last a day and the ground is almost clear.., minus this utter nuisance...c'mon! The next thing I did...with coffee...was poke holes in raw clay and add water....i am really having to put the water to the fresh clay I buy to get it anywhere near workable. I think i am beginning to define for myself what I need the clay body to be like for throwing...I'm thinking about plasticity here but really referring to stiffness...softer is better for now but more on plasticity later I'm sure.  
 'Survivors' of the last couple days of a new clay body regime....

 Tried some faceted surfaces...
 and some coils...
 and the kiln may arrive next week, just in time.

 "The Studio"
The audience...usually snoring away...

1 comment:

  1. These pots are beautiful. You are off to a great start.Keep on spinnin'!

    ReplyDelete